
When you are born your parents want you to become Doctors and Lawyers. They think you can do anything, and become famous. Become the president, an astronaut, a star football player.
When you are born you are given a desire to please your parents. This is so you learn what is right and wrong in life. So you can see what you are capable of.
When you become an teen your parents often still believe you can do anything, become anything. Some may try to beat it through your head what they want is what you should be, but something inside you wants to be something else. You still want to please your parents but the greater desire is to be happy doing what you want too.
As an adult you realize that life is made of choices, you choose the course you take. Your parents meant well, but you have to account for your life to yourself not them. You make choices, and eventually you find yourself following tracks for the course you have before you; Those that laid those tracks are sometimes your parents sometimes a teacher; sometimes you find yourself working the hammer as you drive each spike into each tie.
Now I am an adult, I am not always happy, and I am anything but perfect. I try my best to live the religion I've chosen, to spread good and Joy around me. Sometimes I have to go against the desire to please my parents to do what I feel is right. There have even been times when I had to destroy the mountains that people put in my way, and caused fair amounts of trauma; but I've always tried to better those areas I caused damage after I passed through.
Now I am on my own track, I need to be me. Sometimes I may appear to derail, or be off the track that you think I should be on; but I made a spur to the track that was made for me. It resulted in having to, at times, lay my own track; sometimes I must build bridges, and tunnel through those mountains; Sometimes I am so low I don't know what direction I should turn to climb... but I need to do this, I need to be on my own track... lead my own life, and most importantly climb the mountains that I put in my own course.
Please let me do that...
No comments:
Post a Comment