Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'll Stand by You

I'll Stand by You

Oh, why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
cause I've seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less

Ill stand by you
- Pretenders -- I’ll Stand By You
---
Several of my friends have posted photos about Heartbreak, loss, being alone or Abandonment. I wanted to post a reply to them, one in particular got me to thinking, More and more. The Song "I'll stand by You" was the first one to enter my mind, but because this is more of a love song I didn't feel it appropriate. As I was brainstorming Ideas to show that I'd stand by someone I was hanging the last of my room decor and turned and looked at the Christus Picture I have hanging in my room and an entirely different train of thought came upon me.

I may be willing to stand fierce with my friends and their hardships, I may not allow anyone to hurt them... but then I look at my life, and the hurt another friend allowed others to do to me. Had he stood tall and fierce between me and my hurts I would not be the man I am, and I shiver to think what I would be without each hurt, and each pain. Each one gave me a bit of knowledge that has changed the way I interact with people, and changed the lives of a few I know for sure. Thankfully my friend stood by without interceding because he could see the bigger picture, the blessing of adversity. My Friend is Jesus the Christ; he took the pain away and gave me the strength to make so much negitive into possitve.

Sometimes it takes more courage and strength to allow someone to hurt, realizing that they have a friend, like I do, who like me wants to take all the hurt away but also want to see me a champion... so instead of saying "I wont let any one hurt you" he says "I'll be there when you ask for me, I will comfort you in your time of need, I will strengthen you when you are weak... I will give you trials to make you stronger, give you pain to keep you humble, and will always be here when you ask for me."

So to my struggling friends: If I was to step in when I could see pain coming your way, taking away your learning experiences, your ability to become strong... to become a champion, I would be no better then those who intended to cause you harm you in the first place. I would be, by protecting you from harm causing you more harm. My friend I do not know why you must hurt... but I do know that hurting can save lives, I've seen it. Pain makes you stronger, I believe it! Adversity is a life lesson, hardship life's boot camp, it will teach you a discipline that will make you into a champion, make you into a stronger champion! I know that there is Peace in Christ... My Friend, I love you; I love you enough to let you fight your own battles, but dang it all if I am not right behind you making sure it doesn't kill you! ;)

So read it again, and realize who is always standing by you...
Oh, why you look so sad?
Tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
cause I've seen the dark side too
When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less

So if you're mad, get mad
Don't hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide?
I get angry too
Well I'm a lot like you
When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
cause even if you're wrong

Ill stand by you
Take me in, into your darkest hour
And Ill never desert you
Ill stand by you

And when...
When the night falls on you
Youre feeling all alone
You wont be on your own

Ill stand by you
--
You have no idea how very much different this is from what I envisioned when I sat down to type it. It just kind of all came out at once the full 180 degree difference from my prepared text. In 1/3 the time it took to think the other up... go figure.

The edit is poor, 2 seperate images.

No comments: