Friday, March 25, 2011

Update: 3/11

So it has been roughly 2 years since my last update. While a lot has happened in that time I'll just give a quick run down.
Lets see here. Steph.. I realized after a tragic turn of events I love her, but I am not in love with her. The in love with status is held for someone else. We've stopped talking, and I don't see that changing. I'm trying really hard to feel bad about that but it isn't coming naturally. Prior to that turn of events Steph and I hadn't been speaking for over a year. She just one day quit talking to me and wouldn't respond to my messages... so that made for every girl I'd ever dated doing that at least once.

Because Steph just quit talking to me one day I delved my mind into Star Gate SG-1 I found much healing in it as I was able to relate to some of the characters very well. Long Story short I really loved the show and I've begun watching it again. Daniel Jackson is my favorite. So much so I considered doing a ancient history major in college.

School... Well last year I was signed up to go to school at SUU. I had everything arranged and a good schedule but work hadn't hired on anyone to work in my place so I could go to school full time and work part time. I had to drop my classes because I couldn't quit work without having my pickup paid off.
I now have my truck paid off and I'm seriously looking into school again. I had applied to the Art Institute and may do that again.

Work. I'm still at Andrus at least for this week. The last 5 months I spent working days managing the MillerCoors account. They ended up blaming me for all the failings 90% of which was completely out of my control. They now have the account set up, because of the major failure, the way I spent 5 months trying to get it to work but nobody would listen. They fired me days before I was going to ask to be replaced.
I ask for a truck back but they countered with a 4x10 schedule. I accepted.
They now are telling me I have to work 5x8's and that I have the choice of going driving or quiting. They gave me 15 minutes to decide I came back and told them I wanted to go driving and they gave me a week to decide for sure. . . So I ordered the rest of the stuff I needed to go driving with the exception of a new phone.
Being fired from the day shift was a major blessing, I've not been happier in years. Having to go driving might be as much of a blessing. I really discovered myself when i was out driving. It was a defining experience in my life where I grew close to God, and discovered who I was.
I am attending church as often as work doesn't get in the way now. I'd quit attending once Steph and I had started fighting and the events that happened with flickr that you can read about in posts prior. I was very angry with life, and people. I've learned to forgive again, myself and others. My intention is to get my endowments out by the end of the year.
I'd gotten to the point in my life where I was difficult to deal with. I totally changed that around, and now I'm working on becoming the old Tyson the one before the mind rape of Haylee (Being blamed on why she was out being a tramp.)

Last year I ask a girl to be my valentine... she wasn't interested. It hurt, more than I was willing to admit still today, and since I'm just as stubborn as she is I wasn't about to let her see me so emotionally defeated. She admitted that I had done everything right she just wasn't interested. . . that was supposed to make me feel better I think. Truth was I wasn't doing everything right, I wasn't attending church and that was the killer of the entire deal.
I tried to be friends with her but I couldn't deny my feelings without some side effect then one day she said something that set me off. I spent the summer basically alone, lived alone, traveled alone, and since I'm a good boy slept alone. It allowed me to find myself and realize the direction I wanted to go in life. It has taken a while but as I said before I've been going to church and I'm getting back into writing.
I don't mention names because I don't think she deserves that negative rap, I've done the same and may continue to do the same. Honestly as much as it hurt it was a major blessing it caused the ball rolling towards becoming something I'd rather be.

So I've started dating a nice girl. It isn't anything serious, not even an actual relationship beyond that see is my best friend... but it is worth mentioning. Yes she has her head on strait, no I wont tell you who I'm not going to ruin anything just yet. What I was thinking was going to be my last date with the girl turned out to be a 13 hour date where my pickup buried itself up to its axles and having to call a bunch of friends out to help pull me out of the sand... I've seen her twice after that. Like I said in post past she'd have to be a pretty remarkable women to get past my walls. No I'm not going to tell you who...

No comments: