Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Chaff or Champion?

In response to a friends status about how evil the world is and the resulting thoughts of not having children so they wouldn't have to suffer the tragedies of this life.
--
Bad things happen in this world. Rather than deciding that the world is a place that is hostile and negative, and protecting 'yourself' from hurt by not having children. You aren't saving any children from a 'unproven threat' by not having children. You are actually hurting them more by not giving them the chance to prove the world is better then it seems to be.

I assume you've read my most recent blog, I know what Hell on Earth is; and I will tell you that people are better than what you see on TV and in the news. For every evil person there has to be a good person. There will be evil for all of my life I will die before peace is found. I know this, it doesn't mean that I have to let them win, at very least not without a fight for the goodness I know exists in ALL Men and Women.

So what can you do?
You live as if the world is the place it should be. You teach your friends and your family the same way to live. You become a champion of the Good that you wish the world would be. One man can make a difference, one man should make a difference.

They tell me the world is going to get worse. I say it won't change me. They say the world is more evil than it has been at any time in its history. I say what better time than now to show the world what I can be. It doesn't matter if we win it only matters that we fight, that we give others the hope to fight just a little longer in there struggles. That is our responsibilities, that is our call.

We are the Paladins, the Warriors of our God and King, that go though life helping those in need of help. We comfort those that stand in need of comfort, we valiantly stand as warriors when needed; but also tender mothers and devote fathers, caring neighbors and a solemn friends. Intrepid in our fight with evil; Gallantly standing for right; teaching our faith in every footstep. Boldly going where the Son of Man hath gone before.

You make the choice today Champion or Chaff! One stands firm in the face of danger, the other gets blown around in the desires of the wind.

So what is is Chaff or Champion?

No comments: