In July of 2005 I was thinking about what I wanted to become, and was also listening to alot of audio books on tape. One that I listened to was 7 things of highly successful families/people. Being a family of one, I listened; also desiring to accomplish something with my life I listened. One of the things was mentioned was to create a personal/Family/Relationship mission statement.
It took me a couple weeks of thought and prayer to decide on my mission statement and when it struck me I knew it that this is what it was supposed to be. I decided on "Life, Unconditionally!"
It really was more of a redeclaration because I had decided when I came back to the church that I would do anything I was ask too do. I also decided that no matter what I would never give up, but that was decided long before I came back to the church! The 2 together comes to "Life, Unconditionally!" While I do recognize that this statement can mean a lot of things to alot of people, and some people have even made fun of it either because they do not understand or because of the Comma... that's how it entered my mind that's how it got wrote down and that is how it stays!
It puts alot of things into perspective if you look at life that way. I have my goals set up so they pop up every time my computer starts up and on the top of the list there is my Personal Mission statement. I can remember days that I really wanted to just give up on life and everything in general. On these days when my computer started up it would force me to remember that I decided years ago, that no matter what I accept life I refuse to give up and I refuse to give up on God!
I think that everyone should spend the time to come up with a mission statement for their life. It has made a big difference in my life I am sure it would in yours!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment